Industrial linkage programme of SCSI aims is to equip the graduates with a mosaic competency of professionalism, soft and lifelong-learning skills for the industries. The mechanism of the programme endeavors in building job-ready graduates but not at the cost of humanity and sacrificing the dexterities of socialism. Since working life of the graduates passed from this area is versatile in nature, the programme efforts to cover hands–on training blending the trade-base and sectorial approach so that the skills becomes global regardless the contextual phenomena enabling to have an industry-driven course and curricula.
- Welcome Message
- Vision, Mission & Core Value
- Goal of Education
- Stakeholders’ Charter
- Our History
- Suggestions & Comments
- Approval, UGC & Govt.
- Contact us
- Information for Admission
- Pre- Requisite
- Tuition Fees
- Scholarship & Waiver
- Offline Application
- Online Application
- Policies & Procedures
Computer Science and Information Technology
The objectives are as follows:
- To produce job-ready and industry-driven graduates.
- To keep the students updated with the latest technologies and innovations which are being used by the industrial counterpart.
- To keep the job placement cell realistically functional in order to make the economy and social life at individual and national levels vibrant.
- To nurture all-rounders in an engaging learning environment.
- To provide training to enhance the skills of students which is equipped with wisdom.
- To engage the real-life experts to formulate/amend the modern course curricula.
SCSI undertakes subsequent stages in order to found its ILLCs with the partner industries in various sectors.
The stages that are to be carried out:
- Firstly, the school recognizes the total employment markets and sectors that are covered by the programs offered by the SCSI by analyzing and tabulating the offering programmes.
- Secondly, we unify the common and the most potential employment markets considering the following criteria
- Economic growth.
- Emerging trends.
- Current climate and atmosphere of economic phenomena within the region and beyond.
- Thirdly, we classify the prominent sectors on the basis of most potential markets in order to collaborate with them.
- Fourthly, we categorize the classified sectors according to the three major enterprises
- Small enterprise
- Medium enterprise and
- Large enterprise
- Finally, we pick the students for industrial attachment programme after analyzing their merit, background and interest.
Presently, SCSI has approximately five (5) sectors, among which two (2) are potential considering the present contingency of Bangladesh.
Potential employment markets are like below:
- ICT Industry
- Software Industry
- Research and Innovation Industry
Considering the current climate of economy and to shorten the gap between theory and practice in order to enhance the capability of economy and mortality, SCSI strongly collaborates with the potential industries of its individual programme. SCSI believes in lifelong learning and the industries which also appreciate continuous learning & development and intent to support the school in order to play a significant role in developing a vibrant society, a thriving economy and an ambitious nation are the centers of industrial linkage and learning. SCSI offers Industrial Professorial Fellowship (IPF) to the highly-experienced industry personnel and industrialists who maintain a close relation with the school and take part in decision making to produce the skilled graduates from the CUST. SCSI tries to make a bridge with all trades and provides sectorial education through WPLC.
Bearing in mind “Nothing Beats Hands-on Experience”, we have structured our curricula in such a way that each programme has six (6) credit hours for industrial attachment as a part of internship in the ending semester apart from a regular thesis course. This gives the learners invaluable industry experience during the course of their study. The students are required to report to the industry which they are attached throughout the internship period. The students must have to abide by the rules and regulations of that industry, such as operating hours, dress code and any other human resource requirements. As such climate, while working with the industry, the student would be regular a colleague of the employees involved leaving his friend from academia at another industry.
The students report to the industry internship mentor who is a staff of the industry. The Industry internship mentor supervises the students directly, provides technical guidance and assesses the student's performance that directly hits the final grade of that individual student. A school internship mentor who is a staff of the university is appointed to facilitate the running of our student(s) internship. The school internship mentor liaises and visits the industry internship mentor and the students during the internship. The industry internship mentor can communicate to the school internship mentor for any matters about the student and the internship programme during the whole duration of the internship.
Besides, SCSI offers Industrial Professorial Fellowship (IPF) to the highly-experienced industry personnel and industrialists who maintain a close relation with the school and take part in decision making to produce the skilled graduates from the CUST. They must attend meetings with the school dean and other senior professors in order to uphold the vision of industrial linkage of School of Computer Science and Information Technology (SCSI).
The ultimate purpose of WPLC is to offer tutelage to boast skills applicable to the sector concerned. This is exceptionally important for the graduate employability. SCSI establishes WPLCs at prominent sectors among its selected ILLCs. WPLC is a working and learning station located in the industry which is dedicatedly used for the training and development of students’ employability & marketable skills. Fundamentally, all ILLCs may not facilitate WPLCs but every WPLC should be able to act as ILLC. Students from any semester can visit WPLC if they are scheduled for .In that classroom, Industrial fellows are educating the students before moving them into real fields. Students work full-time on real-life projects where they take theoretical concepts and turn them into real-world solutions and applications with the proper guidance of mentors from the industries.
Industry Partner (List)
Industrial Professorial Fellow ( List)