Industrial linkage and learning programme of SECP aims is to offer an exciting range of applied engineering, science and technology trainings that are designed for student(s) real life success. At SECP our students are well-trained and industry-ready upon graduation but not at the cost of humanity and sacrificing the dexterities of socialism. Learn and grow with our innovation-based curriculum and extensive academia-industry partnerships which are being maintained by analyzing the present contingency and future trend of globe. Since working life of the graduates passed from this area is versatile in nature, the programme efforts to cover hands–on training blending the trade-base and sectorial approach so that the skills becomes global regardless the contextual phenomena enabling.
- Welcome Message
- Vision, Mission & Core Value
- Goal of Education
- Stakeholders’ Charter
- Our History
- Suggestions & Comments
- Approval, UGC & Govt.
- Contact us
- Information for Admission
- Pre- Requisite
- Tuition Fees
- Scholarship & Waiver
- Offline Application
- Online Application
- Policies & Procedures
Engineering and Civilization Planning
The objectives are as follows:
- To produce job-ready and industry-driven graduates.
- To keep the students updated with the latest technologies which are being used by the industrial counterparts.
- To keep the job placement cell realistically functional in order to make the economy and social life at individual and national levels vibrant.
- To nurture all-rounders in an engaging learning environment.
- To provide training to enhance the skills of students which is equipped with wisdom.
- To engage the real-life experts to formulate/amend the modern course curricula.
The SECP considers the following steps in order to launch ILLCs with its partner industries in different sectors.
The steps are sated:
- Firstly, the school maps the sectoral employment markets and patterns by observing and analyzing the programmes offered at the SECP.
- Secondly, a dedicated team working to ensure industrial linkage tabularize the common and the most potential employment markets considering the following criteria
- Economic growth.
- Emerging trends.
- Current climate and atmosphere of economic phenomena in local and globe.
- Thirdly, classification is made to determine the prominent sectors on the basis of most potential markets in order to collaborate with them.
- Fourthly, categorization of the classified sectors according to the three major enterprises is made:
- Small enterprise
- Medium enterprise and
- Large enterprise
- Finally, analyzing the merit, background, interests and motivational levels, students from the SECP are labelled for industrial attachment programme in order to ensure the most sure and sustainable outcome.
At present, graduates of the SECP can be captivated approximately within thirty (30) sectors, of which five (5) are common (shared by different programs) and fifteen (15) are bonafide; considering the present contingency of Bangladesh and the region.
- Power Generation & Distribution
- Scientific Research and Development
- Faculty Members with the academia
- Defense Industries
- Bangladesh Civil Service (BCS) and other Government Agencies
A few potential and distinct sectors
- Power Generation & Distribution
- ICT Industry
- Radio and Television
- Manufacturing Industries
- Automobile Industries
- Construction industries
- Steel Structure Design Firms
- Housing & Building Development Companies
- Urban & City Planning Firms
- Railway, Roads & Highway and Public Works Department
Considering the current climate of economy and to shorten the gap between theory and practice in order to enhance the capability of economy and mortality, SECP strongly collaborates with the potential industries of its individual programme. SECP believes in lifelong learning and the industries which also appreciate continuous learning & development and intent to support the school in order to play a significant role in developing a vibrant society, a thriving economy and an ambitious nation are the centers of industrial linkage and learning. SECP offers Industrial Professorial Fellowship (IPF) to the highly-experienced industry personnel and industrialists who maintain a close relation with the school and take part in decision making to produce the skilled graduates from the CUST. SECP tries to make a bridge with all trades and provides sectorial education through WPLC.
Bearing in mind “Nothing Beats Real World Experience”, we have structured our curricula in such a way that each programme has 6 credit hours for industrial attachment as a part of internship in the ending semester apart from a regular thesis course. This gives the learners invaluable industry experience during the course of their study. The students are required to report to the industry which they are attached throughout the internship period. The students must have to abide by the rules and regulations of that industry, such as operating hours, dress code and any other human resource requirements. As such climate, while working with the industry, the student would be regular a colleague of the employees involved leaving his friend from academia at another industry.
The students report to the industry internship mentor who is a staff of the industry. The Industry internship mentor supervises the students directly, provides technical guidance and assesses the student's performance that directly hits the final grade of that individual student. A school internship mentor who is a staff of the university is appointed to facilitate the running of our student(s) internship. The school internship mentor liaises and visits the industry internship mentor and the students during the internship. The industry internship mentor can communicate to the school internship mentor for any matters about the student and the internship programme during the whole duration of the internship.
The purpose of WPLC is to offer the sectorial education which is significantly important for student’s during employment. SECP establishes WPLCs for the prominent sectors among the ILLCs. WPLC is the training center among the ILLCs where there is a dedicated learning space within the working atmosphere and culture for the university students for their training and development at the work place of industry. It is not mandatory that all ILLCs must facilitate WPLCs but all WPLCs should be able to act as ILLCs. Students from any semester can visit WPLC at any time if they have classes at industry.In that classroom, Industrial fellows are educating the students before moving them into real fields. Students work full-time on real-life projects where they take theoretical concepts and turn them into real-world solutions and applications with the proper guidance of mentors from the industries.
Industry Partner (List)
List of Work Place (List )
Industrial Professorial Fellow ( List)