- CUST seeks to provide education of the highest quality so that all students are prepared to achieve their potential as professional persons and as thoughtful, well-informed individuals.
- CUST does not impart education to its students for doing good in the workplace only but it endeavours to turn every student a lifelong learner, who would continue to remain up to date and competitive in his field.
- CUST aspires to instill in every student the capability of clear reasoning and critical thinking so that everyone can identify and evaluate problems with their analytical skills and bring out a number of workable solutions to that and finally can recommend the best solution.
- CUST education system, classroom environment and extra-curricular programmes will enable every student to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear and correct manner ensuring the brevity. A CUST graduate is expected to emerge as an intelligent communicator who can reach out to his co-workers, potential employers and community members.
- CUST aims to implant in students its core values of Respect, Dream Meritocracy, Mutual Benefit, Creativity Academic Freedom, Professionalism and Accountability in the 21st century.
- CUST graduates are expected to work effectively in diverse groups and teams. At CUST, a student is turned to be a perfect collaborator, able to function well within a team as both a leader and a follower. Thus a graduate is expected to gain valuable experience and insight from the group members.
- CUST integrates the industry-driven competencies to reduce the gap between the theories and practices and hence a graduate of CUST is expected to be very competent for the life beyond the university.