The “Master of Engineering Business Management" programme at CUST is designed for those who want to become managers and leaders in technology-based businesses. The main aim of this programme is to instill among graduates the art and skills of engineering business management. The programme thus covers a wide range of subjects that help blend the engineering knowledge with business management. The programme holds that due to the ever-changing nature of engineering businesses, the potential business managers must also remain open to pursuing befitting business management course. This programme thus intends to advance academic and professional excellence for both newly qualified and practicing engineers who wish to enhance their business and management knowledge and skills alongside their engineering specialization, with a view to build a career in engineering business management.
The objectives of this programme are as follows:
- Acquire knowledge on the latest development in the field of engineering business management guided by innovation.
- Develops advanced knowledge and know-how in the areas of finance, marketing, outsourcing, strategy, and human resource management etc
- Develop the skills that top executives and entrepreneurs require like information management, problem solving, project management, people management, ethical behavior, entrepreneurship, and personal judgment, teamwork and self-management.
- Disseminate both horizontally and vertically the knowledge in engineering business management to create and add value with a view to advancing the success of the organization.
- Develop skills in the research, analysis and evaluation of complex business problems and gain a methodical approach to problem solving and decision making.
- Introduces students to all the key aspects of managing a company in the engineering sector and develops an integrated understanding of strategic and operational management
- Lead complex engineering and capital intensive organizations with geographically dispersed organizational structures.
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of technology, as well as oral and written communication competencies needed to function in professional and other settings in managing engineering businesses.
- Critically analyze complications and problems of engineering business management using both quantitative and qualitative methods with a view to solving industry-related problems through application of knowledge of business, mathematics, science and engineering to meet both business and customer needs.
- Interpret quantitative and subjective data to make sound engineering and managerial decisions.
- Keep abreast of the latest advancement in engineering business management and incorporate the same to secure best possible operations management.
- Understand the ethical responsibilities of practicing engineering managers and the impact of their decisions within a global and societal context.
The major areas where graduates of ““Master of Engineering Business Management” programme of CUST can be employed are as follows:
- Partnering large PPP projects as an entrepreneur.
- Preparation of profile for Mega Projects nationally and internationally.
- Serving as project head for any national and multinational project.
- Managing large SMEs or Engineering Firms.
- Serving as one of the top management in corporate firms.
- Giving advisory services to the startups.
- Advisory service to the venture capital firms and other money lending firms.
The “Master of Engineering Business Management" programme at CUST offers a broad education in management and business, and focuses on the key value adding activities of market, product and process development; operations, logistics and supply chain management; and core and emerging technology to give organization a competitive edge. The focus on value creation for technology-based organizations is a key differentiator of “Master of Engineering Business Management.” This programme is thus designed to fill the void between the specialist Engineers and the traditional MBA, specifically aiming to develop a student’s ability to manage in an Engineering Manufacturing Company. Here, students’ studies benefit from company visits, simulations, case studies and a guest lecture series featuring international speakers and industry leaders. The very uniqueness of “Master of Engineering Business Management" programme at CUST is its long industrial (Development Organization) attachment for as high as 06 credits (equivalent to 2 courses) where students come to know the relevance of “what we teach” and “what is being practiced in the field”. Besides, students undergo frequent field visits to see for themselves various aspects of Engineering Business Management. Such attachment thus serves as an important feedback mechanism for CUST to know the existing gap and to bring out desirable changes in its course contents, if needed. Importantly, during the industrial attachment, the competent resource personnel of the concerned industry/development organization would serve as guest faculties of CUST and the assessment for those credits will essentially be done by them. Besides, as an employer you will have the opportunity to know the potential of a student before they are actually employed in your firm. It may be mentioned here that at CUST all lecturers and staff are passionate about the future of their respective industries and the students whose minds they shape and groom. Here efforts are always on to maintain the integrity of our courses and graduates by continuously shaping and updating the syllabus around industry needs and trends.