Scholarship of 25% Tuition Fee for students who have secured CGPA 3.50 or above on scale of 4.00 in Bachelor & GPA 4.5 or above on scale of 5.00 in HSC.
For continuation of tuition fee scholarship, graduate students have to take minimum 9 credits and also have to maintain CGPA 3.5 for availing such tuition fee waiver.
Scholarship based on the results (performance) of the Semester Final Examinations for Graduate Programs:
|Graduate student will be eligible for Scholarship based on performance after Completion of a semester successfully.
Top 10% students will be eligible for scholarship from every semester
|Criteria||% of Scholarship on Tuition Fees|
|Sem. Ave. GPA = 4.00||100%|
|Sem. Ave. GPA ≥ 3.75||75%|
|Sem. Ave. GPA ≥ 3.50||50%|
|Sem. Ave. GPA ≥ 3.25||25%|
* A student may avail one scholarship / waiver at a time which may suite best for him/her.
The Vice Chancellors ‘Most Talented Student’ scholarship is the highest prestigious scholarship of CUST where the meritocracy would be the prime consideration. The number of recipients of this scholarship would depend on the students’ achievement in their academic pursuit. However, a good number of students from different disciplines would be entitled for such scholarship every year. This scholarship may be a cash grant; tuition fee waiver or campus visit of internationally reputed universities along with a colorful crest. The procedure to apply for this scholarship is available in CUST webpage
Advance Welfare Foundation (AWF) has been promoting higher education since 1998. This ‘not for profit’ foundation has been widely lauded by leaders of education management from home and abroad for its relentless efforts to offer affordable higher education. The CUST is the highest education platform of AWF and accordingly, it has kept provision for as good as 10 scholarships every year for the meritorious students of various disciplines representing the underprivileged population of the country. Such scholarship may be a cash grant, tuition fee waiver or grant for books or even hostel/ Dorm allowance. The procedure to apply for this scholarship is available in CUST webpage.
50% to 100% Scholarship of Tuition Fee is offered to students (with conditions) qualifying or participating in Programming Contest/International Mathematical/Physics/Informatics Olympiad.
50% to 100% Scholarship of Tuition Fee is offered for students who secure 1st, 2nd, and 3rd position in admission test result in each department.
|Sl.||Criterion||% of Tuition Fees Waiver|
|1.||Children of Freedom Fighter (3% in a Semester)||100%|
|2.||Tribal, specially abled||70%|
|3.||CUST Regular (Permanent) Employee||70%|
|4.||Children of CUST/ AWF Regular Employee||60%|
|5.||Siblings / Spouse||60%|
|6.||Employees from same Organization (Group)||60%|
|8.||Students from Remote and Underdeveloped Areas. (It will cover 20% of total seats in a semester)||60 – 80%|
|9.||Full-time Government employees including the personnel of Armed Forces and autonomous organizations getting admission to graduate programs||60%|
|10.||Need Based (Parent’s income is not more than tk. 20,000)
Evidence required and it will cover 20% of total seat
|60% – 100%|
|11.||ISTT Graduates and Diploma Holders||70%|
|12.||Players / Artists / Extraordinary||70%|
* Subject to maintain minimum Semester GPA 3.00.
* Tuition fee waiver/Scholarship is not applicable for Thesis/Project/Internship.
* Backlog in any subject may subject to lead the discontinuity of Scholarship or aid in next semester.
- The students shall produce all necessary papers in original (certificates, mark sheets, academic transcripts, freedom fighter’s certificate, relevant relationship certificate, and certificates relating to the particular area of living) along with attested copies of all required papers.
- The student must register at least 9 credits in the current semester.
- The waiver given to a student shall continue in the subsequent semester on condition of earning the credits of the courses registered in the immediate past semester.
- Students having ‘F’ or ‘I’ or ‘Nil’ grade in any subject in the immediate past semester will not be eligible for continuation of waiver.
- Students having break of study in the immediate past semester will not be entitled to any waiver.
- Student having report of misconduct or disciplinary action shall not be entitled to any waiver.
- Unless the Vice Chancellor, in any individual case, directs otherwise, students having outstanding dues will not be entitled to get any financial waiver.
- A student having eligibility for more than one category of waiver will in all get 100% waiver on tuition fees.
- There shall be a scholarship/ waiver Awarding Committee Consisting of the following members for the award of waivers/ Scholarship:
i. Vice-Chancellor, Convener
iii. The deans of school concerned
iv. Director/ Deputy Director (Finance and Accounts), Member Secretary
- Registrar office shall invite application for waiver specifying data in prescribed form and it will after scrutiny; forward all eligible applications within five working days from the last date of submission of application for waiver, to the waiver awarding committee;
- Registrar office shall send final list of students to whom waivers have been granted based on SSC & HSC results, showing % of waiver, to the waiver awarding committee;
- The waiver awarding committee shall determine the maximum number of waiver that may be granted in the particular semester;
- After approval of the Vice-Chancellor, a copy of the final list shall be sent to Accounts & Finance section, for reporting to the next Finance Committee meeting; for subsequent approval of BOT through Syndicate.
- The total process of awarding waivers shall have to complete within the first calendar month of each semester;
- Tuition Fees already paid by an eligible student will be adjusted against tuition fee of ensuing semesters or will be refunded at the time of final clearance, which one comes first.