Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
The aim of BBA program at CUST is to inject market driven quality knowledge, soft and hard skills encompassing various aspects of Marketing, Finance and Banking, Human Resource Management, International Business, Accounting, etc. with a view to preparing students so that they can contribute towards an organization’s development and to pursue their careers in the most challenging business environment.
The major objectives of BBA program are to enable the students to:
- Communicate effectively both vertically and horizontally in the business environment that assists to promote the inter-personal working relationship.
- Acquire advanced analytical skills, including application of a range of integrated theoretical approaches, and the development of competence in advanced business analysis.
- Demonstrate the ability to generate and communicate ideas to access and use business information efficiently and accurately, and use effectively business management techniques in local and global business
- Comprehend and apply theories and practices of local and global business with a view to exploiting various opportunities prevailing in the global context.
- Explore the international integration of financial markets and analyze implications for financial managers.
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of various aspects of banks, corporations of any other organization and integrate them in decision making within an organization to increase efficiency in operation of the organization.
- Analyze and interpret MIS, financial statements and make decisions based on that.
- Succeed in a variety of entry-level positions within the profession of Banking or Insurance, Auditing and taxation, Accounting, Financial Analysis or management or to succeed in the entry of graduate school for higher study.
The learning outcomes of this program at CUST are as follows:
- Use analytical and insightful thinking techniques to identify and analyze problems related to finance, marketing, HRM, and Accounting to develop viable courses of action, and make right decisions at the right time.
- Undertake appropriate quantitative and qualitative research to devise new methods/techniques for better financial management, to support strategic and operational decisions of the business organization concerned.
- Prepare and deliver effective oral business presentations that help undertake judicious managerial decisions.
- Develop workable alternatives and make efficient managerial decisions that uphold business ethics and social responsibility.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the underlying concepts, theory and tools taught in the program and undertake higher study in the same or related field.
Work independently and collaboratively in a diverse operational environment effectively addressing organizational opportunities and challenges.
The graduates of BBA may find their employment in the following areas:
- Financial Analysts for local and global Commercial Banks, Central Bank, Financial Institutions, Insurance, Development Organization, Corporation, NGOs, INGOs, and any financial or non-financial organization.
- Personal Financial Advisor, Chief Financial Officer, Credit Analyst, Investment Banker, Fund Manager, Foreign exchange operation Manager.
- Market Research Analyst, Marketing Communications Associate, Digital Marketing Specialist, Brand Manager, Customer Relation Executive, Direct Marketing Executive or E-marketing Executive of any local Manufacturing or merchandising Company or MNCs.
- Human resources development specialist, Employee training program manager, Employee benefits manager, Human Resource Consultant, Human resources manager, Compliance Officer.
- Management Accountant, Public Accountant and Government Auditor, Finance Officer or Finance Manager, Internal Auditor and Tax advisor, Treasurer of Universities or any other organization.
- Business Promotion Consultants in export-oriented firms, International trade and customs manager, International foreign policy advisor,
- Business Development Manager in local and Multi-national companies. Real Estate – brokerage, management, commercial and residential sales.
The “Bachelor of Business Administration program at CUST is a highly structured market-driven curriculum that emphasizes imparting analytical and managerial skills that are essential to any business career.This program teaches students to apply principles and tools or techniques of managerial or decision-making problems. The graduates are equipped with the tools, knowledge and critical thinking skills to pursue a career in business.The very uniqueness of Bachelor of Business Administration program at CUST is its long attachment with top-ranking corporations, Banks or MNCs of the country for as high as 09 credits (equivalent to 3 courses) where students come to know the relevance of “what we teach” and “what is being practiced in the field”. Such attachment thus serves as an important feedback mechanism for CUST to know the existing gap and to bring out desirable changes in its course contents, if needed. Importantly, during such attachment, for 09 credits, the competent resource personnel of the concerned industry would serve as guest faculties of CUST and the assessment for those credits will essentially be done by them. Besides, as an employer you will have the opportunity to know the potential of a student before they are actually employed in your organization. It is remarked that all faculty members and staffs of CUST are passionate about the future of the graduate whose minds they shape and groom. Here efforts are always to maintain the integrity of our courses and graduates by shaping and updating the syllabus around market needs and trends.
- Human Resource Management
- Accounting & Information Systems
- Management Information Systems
- Banking & Insurance
- International Business