Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The aim of the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program at CUST is to provide an integrated set of learning opportunities for graduate students and professionals interested in mastering the skills and knowledge necessary for effectively participating in and managing modern organizations in a competitive global village.
The objectives of this program are as follows:
- Graduate students will demonstrate the ability to generate and communicate ideas to access and use critical business information efficiently and accurately, and use effectively business management techniques in an international environment.
- Students will acquire advanced analytical skills, including application of a range of integrated theoretical approaches, and the development of competence in advanced business analysis following standardized norms of global business.
- Graduating students will master an integrated knowledge of and demonstrated ability to perform as management professionals with the capability of devising strategic alternatives in global markets.
- Graduate students will comprehend and apply theories and practices with a view to exploiting various opportunities prevailing in the global context.
5. Graduate students will be prepared for continued learning throughout their career to maintain a process of continuous skill and knowledge enhancement.
The learning outcomes of the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program are:
- Graduates are prepared for a managerial career and become managerial leaders in a variety of organizations.
- They are compared favorably when evaluated on a nationally-scaled examination.
- Graduates have the necessary attitudes and skills to become more productive employees, and to continue learning.
- They can communicate effectively across the business environment.
5. As a faculty, they can demonstrate teaching effectiveness and actively participate in a wide range of professional and scholarly activities including research.
The graduates of MBA program may find their employment in the following areas:
- Positions in Management, Human Resource Management and Supply Chain Management, and other related positions.
- Graduates can also find their promotion prospect, employment at corporations, non-profit organizations, and other government institutions.
- Business Development Manager in local and Multi-national companies.
- In government, particularly in the areas of trade and investment, and export development, taxation, audit & accounts etc.
- Positions in the financial companies, NGOs etc.
6. Faculty positions in universities.
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program at CUST has a highly organized and market-driven curriculum that emphasizes imparting a solid grounding in advanced business fundamentals, followed by an exhaustive training on various norms, theories and practices of business management. It teaches the ground rules related to business and different related professions. The core competence of MBA program of CUST lies in grooming graduates with the latest skills and concepts of business sought by contemporary business houses of the country and beyond. Presently, for graduate levels, CUST offers specialization in Finance, Banking, Marketing, Human Resource Management and Management Information Systems (MIS), International Business, Insurance and Risk Management, Supply Chain Management, etc. Apart from these fields of specialization, the program has a policy to offer specialized courses on any business related field of study that students and executives would find necessary. The very uniqueness of MBA program at CUST is its long attachment with top-ranking corporate firms of the country where students would come to know the relevance of “what we teach” and “what is being practiced in the field of maintenance of accounts”. Such attachment thus serves as an important feedback mechanism for CUST to know the existing gap and to bring out desirable changes in its course contents, if needed. Importantly, during such attachment, the competent resource personnel of the concerned industry would serve as guest faculties of CUST and the assessment for those credits will essentially be done by them. Besides, as an employer you will have the opportunity to know the potential of a student before they are actually employed in your firm. It may be mentioned here that at CUST all lecturers and staff are passionate about the future of their respective industries/corporations. Here efforts are always on to maintain the integrity of our courses and graduates by continuously shaping and updating the syllabus around market needs and trends.
- Human resource management
- Accounting and Information Systems
- Management Information Systems
- International Business
- Supply Chain Management
- Entrepreneurship and Family Business
- Insurance and Risk Management
- Engineering Business Management