Duties and Responsibilities of the Academic Council of CUST
- The Academic Council of CUST is the coordinating body of the faculty and shall deliberate on any matter within the purview of the faculty for the purpose of formulating general policy for approval or disapproval of the faculty.
- The Council shall work with the Syndicate in planning the agenda for meetings of the faculty in order to provide for timely and appropriate discussion of faculty business.
- The Academic Council shall maintain communication with members of standing committees and collect formal reports from the chairs of all standing committees on a yearly basis.
- The Council shall act in an advisory capacity to the Syndicate and give advice on the setting of priorities and the planning of long-range goals for the university.
- The Council shall supply the faculty with information on yearly basis relevant to its participation in the formulation of the goals and priorities of the university.
- The Council shall serve as a nominating committee for elective members of standing committees of the faculty, submitting to the faculty at least one week in advance of the faculty meeting.
- Elected members of the Council shall serve as a hearing committee, when a hearing is to be held, in cases involving the dismissal or suspension of a faculty member or charges of unprofessional conduct against a any of them.
- The council shall make University Ordinance for the proper conduct of teaching, research and examination and for promoting academic life in the University and the institutes.
The council shall lay down conditions under which the students may be given admission to the various courses of studies and the examinations held by the university.
- The council shall propose to the Syndicate schemes for constitution of University, Departments and Boards of Studies.
- The council shall make University Ordinances for the award of Fellowships, Scholarships, Medals and Prizes.
Perform any other task assigned by the competent authority.
Members of the Academic Council
Prof. Dr. Md. Monjur Hossain
Prof. Dr. Safayet Hossain
Dean, School of Business & Industrial Development
Prof. Md. Mujibur Rahman
Dean, School of Computer Science & Information Technology
Dr. Par Mosiur Rahman
Asso. Prof. & Chairman, Dept. of Business Administration
Md. Shahidul Islam
Asst. Prof. & Chairman, Department of Computer Science & Engineering
Nominated by the Board of Trustees (BoT), CUST
Mr. Zakaria Shapon
Founder & CEO, IPAY Systems Ltd.
Eng. Mohammad Ali
DMD & CTO, Pubali Bank Ltd.
Mr. Zahidul Hasan Mitul
MD, Business Automation Ltd.
Nominated by the Syndicate, CUST
Prof. Dr. Tofail Ahmad Chowdhury
Dean, Faculty of Science, University of Dhaka
Prof. Dr. Sabbir Hossain
Dept. of Civil Engr., BUET
Dr. Par Mosiur Rahman